Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

We've had a busy weekend already at our house. We just wrapped up a 2-day yard sale at DSister's house yesterday. We had a pretty good turnout, and made some $$ - enough to replenish the sock drawer, as well as get new flip flops and sunglasses for the summer. And even though we sold a lot of stuff, we still have a carload of things to take to Goodwill. I think I'll do that on Tuesday.

DH has been on vacation all week and has managed to keep himself busy with various projects. He is always working on some project - he's got to keep busy. He helped our elderly neighbor put beadboard on the inside of her potting shed this week. He now has a new best friend :) Right now he is making a kitty stand for The Insane Gardener to put in their Humane Society booth at the county fair this summer. They're planning to have a drawing for it.

This is the project I pulled out of the WIP bin this morning. A friend of mine recently pulled hers out and when I saw it, the bug bit me to get back to work on mine.
This is Flower Power by Crossed Wing. I love their designs and this one is my favorite. It's a huge design with lots of butterflies and hummingbirds mixed in. And there are even caterpillars and ladybugs and gnats, too! It's a wonderful piece.

I think I've been working on it for about 6 years, off and on....I started one on 12/31/99, but after getting the daylilies and daisies done, I realized I really didn't like the fabric I was using. It was a yellow 32 ct and I was going blind with the over one bits. So, I started over on something I did like. This is a soft grey fabric in 28 ct and I'm muuuuch happier with it now.

I finally found a picture of Tiger. This is our 15 year old cat that was recently diagnosed with cancer. Even though she's never had kittens, she's known as the mama cat of the house....she babies all the other kitties we have. I know everyone will miss her when it's her time.

And here is one more shot of our clown, Felix. This is his favorite way to sleep - especially since it's gotten so hot here lately. He did manage to open his eyes for the photo shoot, though :)

No comments: