Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Favorite - No Longer

There is a very popular Italian restaurant that I love to eat at. I love their salad, their breadsticks and this dish - Chicken Con Broccoli. Doesn't it look wonderful??

On Monday, my darling DH took me to this restaurant on our way home from visiting his parents for the day. I ordered my long-time favorite dish, only to be told they no longer carry it!!! I've been ordering this dish for over 10 years!!! How can they stop making it??? I was flabbergasted.

The server suggested a dish they called Chicken Scampi as a possible substitute - which turned out to be very close...but it's just not the same, you know? I asked her to substitute the red peppers in the new dish for broccoli....the sauce tasted very similar...and the chicken was good. Maybe if I ask them to substitute the linguini for the bowl-shaped pasta I want and to serve it in a bowl with extra sauce, it will seem like the same to me??? Who knows....at this point, I don't plan to go back to that restaurant anytime soon....DH is devastated. No more Pasta E Fagioli soup for him...

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

I hate it when they take away my favorites! But I can tell you that Chicken Scampi is my husband's favorite at that restaurant. If he wants "something different," then he goes for the Chicken Marsala or the Chicken Parmesan, but well over half the time, it's the Chicken Scampi. I hope you can find something else you love there!