Friday, August 5, 2011

Life is running slow...

Things have been fairly quiet around here the last couple of weeks. I think it's God's way of letting us heal after losing Laura so tragically. She's all over the news in Michigan, North Carolina, Texas and Iowa... But like I said, things are staying pretty quiet in our neck of the woods.

I've been working mainly on my Candied Hexagons quilt and the Circles applique quilt lately. It's been waaaay too hot to work on Mom's tablerunner. That particular project has been pushed back to a Christmas gift (I missed her birthday deadline). We've been dealing with temps in the 90's and above for a few weeks and even the air conditioning isn't able to tackle that. The humidity is just horrid, too. I keep telling people I've become an expert sweater this year (sorry if that's too much information).

We had DH's birthday party this past weekend. It was nice, we had burgers on the grill and corn on the cob. Our neighbor brought over 2 cakes! A chocolate and a peach upside down...they were both wonderful :) I got a sunburn, but I blame it on the meds I'm taking for the rosacea...I was only in the sun for 15 minutes, honest!!! LOL

I've been spending some time this past week going through the drawers and places in my sewing room that I don't normally go through...you know those places that collect things you don't want to get rid of, but promptly forget about once you put them away? Anyway, I've collected a small pile of things that I have no use for, or haven't used since I've bought them and am planning to have a give-away soon. I've got to get pics taken of them first. Can you tell the picture-taking is my least favorite part of blogging?? If only my photographer DH was more interested in taking pics I ask him to take....oh well.

I guess that's it for now...I hope you are all surviving the Heat Wave of 2011, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear it's been quiet. I hope the peace part finds you soon. (((hugs)))

This heat is insane. We've had far too many days with temps over 100 and I miss Michigan more than ever.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Some of us burn in 15 minutes with no excuse other than genetics, LOL. (Red hair, blue eyes, freckles; I need that t-shirt that reads "Natural Redhead: Keep Out of Direct Sunlight.") And as far as the heat, Southern women don't sweat, they glisten. :-) So just declare yourself an honorary Southerner! I'm glad things have been quiet for you. I hope they stay that way for some time. {{{hugs}}}