Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A New Chapter to the Same Old Story...

I will be jobless again by Valentine's Day. It has been three years now since I've done more than temp at a place. Three years...

It's really hard to keep telling myself that it's not my fault - it's not personal. But this is my thrid temp job I've had in the three years - I've been at the last one for over a year - and once again they've decided to let me go. Once again I'll be on unemployment. And once again, we'll be trying to keep a roof over our heads and heat in the house on a much smaller income. I'm not even sure we'll succeed this time - it's been tight for months.

My family and DH keep telling me it's the economy or the particular boss I'm dealing with. I just don't know anymore. Is it even possible to get three bosses that don't think they need you enough to hire you? The only common factor is me.

Maybe I should start looking ahead rather than looking back. DH and I do have an escape plan if things go too badly - that's more than some people we know. I am grateful for certain things, as well. I was given two weeks of notice - supposedly to give my temp agency time to find another position for me. This allows us to make February's house payment before unemployment kicks in. I will now have lots of time to get all of that fabric washed. I will have more time to visit my mom in her new apartment. I'll also have more time to work on that impossible dream - to start a quilt shop. I might even get that quilt started for my dear nephew. He's about to move into his big boy's bed and that's when I like to give them their first quilt from Aunt Erin.

Yeah, there will be lots of time now. Not much money, but lots of time...

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm so sorry about your job. The bad economy is another common factor so dont take it personal. Just keep your head up and do the best you can do. Look forward and make plans for the future. I think you have a pretty good attitude. It'll all work out.