Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ok, another post without a picture. I think I just need to accept the fact that I'm not a photographer at heart. It's never been my first inclination to grab a camera. Oh well, I still love to tell stories about my life and experiences, so I'll just continue to do that. If a picture shows up, well, that's just icing on the cake :)

I managed to get 6 1/2 yards of fabric washed and ironed yesterday - yay! That was what 1/3 of the FQs on my table equaled. It took me 2 movies to get them all ironed....dang. I've got all the blues and purples pulled from the stacks now, waiting their turn. It's about 10 yards, though - so I may do those in 2 batches.

I've also been working on DSis's wrap this past week. It's probably 2/3 done right now. It's good to work on while I'm watching TV with DH. Especially when it's something he wants to watch, as that usually means I don't care for it and can concentrate on my crocheting ;) I'm hoping to get this done while sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring, so I'll have one more WIP finished.

I got a phone call today from one of the 5 temp agencies I'm signed up with wanting to know if I'd be interested in an assistant position to a Purchasing Manager. Once we discussed the details, she set up an interview for me today at 2:00. Then, at 12:45 the phone rang again - apparently the manager didn't want someone with clerical/assistant experience that they would then train the purchasing piece for - no, they wanted someone with purchasing experience that they would then train the clerical piece to. Great. So, no interview today. Oh well...hopefully this particular temp agency will get things straight before they call back next time. If there is a next time....

We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday. DH called in due to the roads being pretty much impassible. He spent nearly the entire day shovelling out our driveway and sidewalks, as well as both neighbors on either side of us. The snow was so wet and heavy that the snowblower wasn't working well. Needless to say, he was sore and tired by the end of the day. But the driveway and sidewalks look great!

Ok, back to crocheting and catching up on The Tudors...

No comments: