Sunday, August 2, 2009

Green Leaves Everywhere...

I've been busy working on the leaves of the third border this week. They're going quickly, but not as fast as I'd like them to go. I tend to stitch with one color of thread and do all the half leaves I can with that color, all the way down the border. Then I switch to another shade of green and do all the half leaves I can in that color.

For as many different green fabrics as I have in this quilt, I'm finding that 97% of the applique is being accomplished by 4 different green threads...I hope that doesn't mean I don't have enough contrast....I guess we'll see. The pics look pretty good so far, if I do say so myself...


I thought it was time to introduce you to one of the members of my household. This is Felix. He was rescued from my Grandma's farm the summer after she died, so he's about 2 years old now. He had scabs on the pads of all his feet and his nose, and he was missing his front teeth. When we took him to the vet, she said she thought someone had tossed him out of the car on the way by (the road going by the farm is a 55mph road). We adopted him into our home and he has been a holy terror ever since. His only real skill is as a hunter. Notice the little black wasp he has mortally wounded? Yeah, apparently stingers don't bother him. And he's great when our yearly bat decides to wake us up in the middle of the night. Last year's was soooo much easier to get rid of because of Felix's help.

Oh yeah - the black thing he's laying on? It's the doormat he flipped over in his quest to get the wasp. He's such a help around the house....LOL At least he's cute.




No comments: