Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Work Project

I decided to share the project I've been working on during breaks and lunches at work. It's another applique project, with no real name yet, so for lack of something original, I'm calling it the Circle Quilt for now. That'll probably change as it moves along.

Here is a picture of what I've done so far:

I've got a couple blocks that look like this. Just stems and leaves. Lots of leaves waiting to be basted to blocks....and a few border blocks completely finished (of course I forgot to take a picture of those)...

And this is what the goal is:

I found this pattern in the Fons & Porter magazine, July/Aug 2006. I just love the overall pattern the circles make, and the quilting on it is divine! I want to do something similar, but will be hand quilting it, not machine quilting it.

On another note - I want to assure everyone that our hunter is back in business! He left us a trophy on the back steps last night (after he scurried out the door - something he's not allowed to do!). If you're squeamish, skip the following pic. Evidence of Hunter Extraordinare:











No comments: