Friday, March 5, 2010

The Wrap is Finished..

One good thing about being out of work is all those WIPs start getting some work done on them. I managed to finish the green crocheted wrap for my DSis this past weekend. And here you get to see me modeling it...

I gave it to her this week and she seemed to like it. I think she was more surprised that I got it done this year. I think she was expecting 3 or 4 years on it. LOL

If you're interested in trying your hand at one of these, you can find the pattern here. I made a couple of modifications to the pattern - basically making it wider. Instead of the 14 stitches on each side of the center work, I did 20 stitches on each side. I think it turned out pretty well.

I started a knitted version of this wrap that I found here. I was able to get about 2 inches of it done yesterday. But it's a pattern that I have to work with nothing else going on - I get lost if I try to do it watching TV... It's got both left and right cables... I ripped out the purple cable scarf I was doing and recycled the yarn for this wrap. I don't know what I'll do with a purple wrap - maybe it'll be a gift...

And I had to share the latest picture of Felix with all of you. I think he's just too cute not to share. I got a kick out of seeing him perched on the arm of the rocking chair and had to snap a picture. Enjoy!


I had an interview yesterday with a company in my hometown. I think it went well - DSis is interviewing at the same place today. Hopefully one of us gets it...

No comments: