Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another Snow Day

After being teased by Mother Nature for the last 2 weeks with spring, it's snowing again today. The ground was covered when I got up this morning - although the roads are still warm enough to melt the stuff. I figure it's a perfect day to hole up in my sewing room. Unfortunately, chores do need to be done. We're having my family over for dinner tomorrow and I have about a week's worth of dishes to do (yes, I hate doing dishes and put it off as long as I can), as well as vaccuuming. Ugh. Oh well, get the nasty stuff done first and then I can play the rest of the day guilt-free.

I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but I pulled a UFO from the bin a couple of weeks ago and managed to get the center finished last week. It's hanging on my design wall, waiting for it's borders. The dresden pieces are just hanging out up there waiting for a decision.

One day while I was staring at it while knitting (more on that later), I realized this would be a perfect quilt for Nephew's Big Boy Quilt. It's definitely "boy" colors, it's close to the right size and - this is the biggy - it's nearly finished! So, I called DSis and asked her about it and she likes the idea, so tomorrow when they come over, she'll sign off on it and I'll get it done - hopefully next week :) I'm thinking of using the beige fabric for a top and bottom border to lengthen it, using the dresdens on the top border, then binding the quilt in the same beige fabric. I just can't decide what to use for the dresden centers. That's what DSis has to help me with.

And I finally decided to use the yarn I talked about here for the cabled wrap pattern I found here. I'm really liking how it's turning out. The picture isn't the greatest, but as I've said before, I'm not the photographer of the family.

And just in case you were missing your dose of DH sweetness - here he is last week making us some homemade peanut butter cookies. MMMmmmm! They sure didn't last long! :)

No comments: