Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Need a Middle Ground..

Why is it that when you work, you (usually) have the money to pay the bills, but no time to do the things that make you happy? And when you don't work, you have no money, but too much time on your hands?

I swear, if I could find a middle ground to this question, I would be one happy woman. These last 3 weeks have been soooooo long. I have been getting a lot of things done in my sewing room, but I'm so bored. This is the first time this has happened to me - I mean, I've been unemployed a few times in the last few years and have always enjoyed the time at home. Sort of a stressed vacation, of sorts. This time all I can think of is the family budget and how short we are on everything. I'm even going to the food banks this time.

I guess I just wish I could learn how to put all that behind me when I walk in my sewing room so I can actually enjoy myself when I'm in there. And then maybe the days wouldn't feel like they're 36 hours long.

No comments: