Sunday, March 21, 2010

Candied Hexagons

This week I've finally decided to start working on my versions of the Candied Hexagon quilt that Janet made famous. She was also gracious enough to post close-up photos of her quilt here - just what this perfectionist person needed!

So I spent yesterday tracing pattern pieces and cutting out freezer paper templates. I've got enough for 6 blocks so far, I think. Lots and lots more work to do, but I enjoy every aspect of english paper piecing, so it's all good.

I'm thinking of doing 2 quilts at the same time - one in brown/pink/cream and another in red/black/white. I'm also thinking of making them more rectangular, rather than square like the pattern calls for. We'll see how things progress, though.

Next step - start pulling fabrics from the stash!!

No comments: